In this high-speed photography tutorial done by Evan from Photo Extremist, you will learn how to freeze the motion of water splashes by using very cheap equipment which you can find at the stores like Walmart.
The equipment includes:
– An inexpensive 10 gallon fish tank
– A Squeegee to remove water drops that splash onto the surface of the glass after dropping fruit or vegetables
– 20X30 foam board (black) was used as the background
– A Nikon SB-700 Flash was underneath the tank on a tripod
– One LP160 flash was above the water aimed downward
– Flash remote control
– Last but not least: The stuff you drop into the fish tank
For a complete writeup of the tutorial, check out his original post here.