Rob Van Petten had every intention of becoming a famous rock guitar player. Somewhere along the way he began taking pictures of rock bands and got more work shooting pictures than playing his guitar. Then 35 years went by. Now Rob shoots fashionable pictures for advertising and editorials. Guitar music still plays continuously in the background. Metal textures, modern architecture and cosmic lighting contribute to the effects in these digitally manipulated images. The use of light energizes the images beyond just illuminating the scene.
Watch the video below to go behind the scenes with Rob while she had the chance to shoot with the Nikon D800, but in April 2011. Yes, 9 months ago. It’s been hard for him to keep his lips sealed, but the news is finally official.
Here’s a list of all the lenses that he used during the shoot. You can check out his full blog post HERE.
- AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II for the Jewelry shot.
- AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED for the Empire State Building.
- AF-S MICRO NIKKOR 105mm 1:2.8G ED for the Lip Shot.
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED for Beauty and the Beast, and Leap Forward.
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S VR II for the Color Phase Shift image.