I’ve been on a quest to find the best weather app for quite some time now, and I think I’ve finally found it. I have an iPhone, and the native weather app has been put in my “junk” folder for almost a year now, because it looks so ancient and is so impractical. What I wanted was an app that is clean, elegant, and informative. “How informative” you ask? Well, I want to know how windy it’s going to be, what time the sun rises and sets, and when it’s going to rain. Here in New York city, those little things can really make a difference in how you dress.
Introducing the new Yahoo! Weather app that was just released on the App Store. This app fits the bill perfectly for me. It is simple, intuitive, very navigate, and doesn’t have any ads. The icing on the cake is that it grabs images from Flickr that are posted by users. Here’s the description on the app’s page:
– Beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
– Detailed weather information and forecasts
– Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps, plus sunrise/sunset times
– Swipe vertically for detailed weather information
– Swipe horizontally for favorite locations
– Submit photos to the app at Project Weather on Flickr
Take a moment and give the Yahoo! Weather app a try, I promise you’ll like it.